Weddings can be time consuming and expensive to plan for. Online shopping can save you a lot in both time and money as you prepare for the big day. You can shop at any time of the day and in the convenience of your own home. It sounds great doesn’t it? It is. However, sometimes things don’t always go so smoothly. Here are 10 tips to ensure that your money and details are safe.
1) It is often easier and quicker to order from a site in your own country. If purchasing from overseas you may have additional costs such as import duties. Allow plenty of time if purchasing from overseas stores before you wedding day as delivery times will be longer. You may also need to make some alterations once your purchase has arrived.
2) Does the store have an ABN (Australian Business Number) and contact details? This will make it easier if you need to contact them over any problems with your order.
3) Look at reviews from other buyers. If purchasing on sites such as eBay, you are able to see the seller’s feedback score and comments.
4) Keep an eye on the expected delivery times. If it hasn’t arrived in the expected timeframe, contact the seller or store promptly. Many stores are able to give you a tracking number to see where your package is.
5) Check the total cost of the purchase. Is GST in addition to the quoted price? Check the postage price, especially if purchased from an overseas store. Are you buying in Australian dollars?
6) Check to see if the store offers a refund policy. Are you able to return a purchase for credit or refund if it is not to your liking? It is often difficult to visualise exactly what something looks like from online pictures. The colour may not look quite the same once it arrives. You may need to pay for the postage both ways and maybe a restocking fee.
7) Pay for your purchases securely. Pay via a safe payment method. PayPal is a popular and safe form of payment. If paying online with a credit card, make sure that the seller has a secure payment process.
8) Keep records of your purchase, emails and payment receipts. This may come in handy if you have a problem.
9) Look out for scams. Be careful when clicking on links from emails, and definitely don’t give out any passwords from links via emails.
10) If it is too good to be true, it probably is.
There are many benefits to shopping online for your wedding. Shopping at online wedding stores gives a huge selection of wedding items right at your fingertips. You can share your ideas and pictures with your friends, family and bridal party easily. It is easy to shop around for a great bargain and compare prices on items. You can also take your time when shopping online, with no salesperson there next to you. If you follow these simple tips, you will be on the right track to ordering safely online for your special day!